Good evening everyone. Tonight’s review is about my current toner. I really wanted to try products from their Tea Tree range even before. I just didn’t buy because I find them expensive. The Body Shop had a buy 1 take 1 promo on all their products last Dec 2014. You get to pay the item with the higher price. I took advantage of it. I bought this with the facial wash and paid for the price of this toner.🙂
What is it?
This refreshing toner for blemished skin gives a beautifully matte, shine-free finish.
Removes traces of make-up, cleanser and impurities
Mattifying powders leave skin shine-free
Clinically proven to give clearer-looking skin
Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Corn Starch Modified (Skin Conditioning Agent), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Glycerin (Humectant), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Salix Alba Bark Extract (Natural Additive), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil kin Conditioning Agent), Limonene (Natural Additive), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Natural Additive), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Citral (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Caramel (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour), CI 42090 (Colour).
Apply after cleansing and before moisturising. Shake to activate the mattifying powders and apply a generous amount to a cotton pad. Sweep across the face and neck.
The powder looks like this if it’s not yet shaken
- I like the scent, kinda soothing but some people doesn’t like it.
- Huge bottle (250 ml)
- The whole thing will last for months
- Fairly priced (650 php). It’s not that expensive compared to some toners that Im eyeing for.
- I like the powdery texture, it somehow helps to remove dirt and exfoliate
- Helps to dry pimples, even my cystic acne
- Helps to heal small pimples quickly, like 1 to 3 days.
- I actually that it stings. Im weird.
- Doesn’t prevent breakouts (well in my case, it’s always hormonal acne)
- Contains alcohol which is common for most toners. But it helps to cleanse the skin.
- For some people, shaking it before using can be a lot of work… If you’re lazy. Haha.
Overall, I love this toner. It helps to dry and heal small pimples quickly. My aestheticians at my derma’s clinic noticed that I don’t have huge pimples anymore. I usually go to their clinic to get Intralesional Injection almost weekly. My cystic acnes are not that big anymore compared to before. They don’t need to be injected anymore.🙂
Have you tried any products with tea tree? Recommendations are welcome. Dont forget to leave a comment below.😉