Hello readers! This review should’ve been done before. I didn’t document the progress on my acne scars before because I doubted it will work. I bought 5g tubes while it was on Ensogo in 2011. I knew that I needed to use it again and take pics to prove that this gel works on a type of acne scar, rolling scar.
What can you expect & tips:
- Place the tube on a place where it wont be squeezed
- It helps to minimize acne scars’ appearance but will not totally remove the fibrous tissue (the cause of deep scar)
- It’s better if you apply it on right after the scars were formed to see its effectiveness
- You need to adjust time for your skincare and makeup routine. you need to massage it on the skin.
- It wont work on ice pick scars because those are too deep. You need a dermatologist to do TCA Cross for those. Subcision is a treatment for box and rolling scar
- Apply it continuously so you will see results. Never miss a day and night.
- I think it’s the perfect product to use after dermaroller/dermaneedling treatment instead of beauty serums.
The rolling scar is pointed out in the pics below so you know what it looks like. If you are wondering how I got the acne scar, it was pricked and had Intralesional steroid injection on Dec. 23, 2014. The cystic acne’s puss was difficult to remove so they injected too much IL. This can also be useful for those who like pimple injection because there’s a chance that you will get this huge saucer-like acne scar if there’s too much intra-steroid injected. I use this twice a day and never miss a day and night.
Note that my acne scar is still there but it’s not that visible anymore.🙂
- Scent is not overpowering
- Little goes a long way
- Size/price options are available. 20g for 852 php and 5g for 319 php
- No parabens and other harmful ingredients
- I can really feel that it helps to form collagen as you can see on the photo above
- It works well on my newly formed acne scar such as rolling scar & box scar. People call it “young” scars. Better if scars are below 1 year old.
- It really smoothens and lessens the appearance of my scar.
- It does what it says🙂
- Slow improvement on my dark spots.
- Might be difficult to blend makeup over it if you applied too much. Be sure to use the right amount.
Overall, I love this gel. I should’ve applied it also right after the breakouts on my cheeks were controlled. It’s a great product for those who do not want to spend much on treatments. Remember that all forms of old acne scars are significantly improved with the help of dermatological treatments.