Happy Sunday readers! Tonight’s review is about my current powder foundation. I’ve used the old version of this for more than 3 years. I’m pretty sure they just changed the name but the formula and finish are still the same. Let’s find out.
One thing that I immediately noticed was the embedded logo. It’s much better. The printed logo before fades and it annoyed me. I dont know why. I never bought the original one with the mirror. I have a separate mirror and I like to keep things small in my makeup bag. Refills are fine with me because they are more affordable.
What is it:
Stay Shine Free & Flawless All Day: Shine Control, Concealing, Sun Protection, Light on Skin, Sweat Control, Coverage With SPF 25 PA++
Now if you ask me, it seems like nothing has changed with its ingredients. I got dizzy looking at them. The text size is too small for my eyes. 😅
– Affordable for Php 169, approx. $3.62
– Available locally at department stores, supermarkets and drugstores
– Improved packaging, thicker and harder plastic.
– Has enough SPF. Im allergic to SPF higher than 30.
– Provides same light to medium coverage
– Instantly mattifies skin
– Still has ingredients can irritate skin; Talc, Dimethicone, Paraben, Fragrance are some of them.
– Only 4 shades available and it depends on where you get it.
– Oil and sweat control is not that good for me. I have extremely oily skin and Im very sweaty. 😅
The natural shade is a bit darker than my skin and it’s obvious in real life. It’s not obvious in photos though. Good thing this powder blends with my skin tone after an hour. But that can be time consuming especially if Im in a hurry. I’ll get the nude shade which is the lightest if I decide to repeat my purchase.
FYI, I dont wipe it across my face like what others are doing. I dab the sponge on my face after putting concealer to set it and for additional coverage.
Overall, Im satisfied using this as a setting powder for my concealer. Note that I have blemished skin. It has additional coverage and sun protection. One refill can last 2 to 3 months for me.