What’s up readers? I havent shared any moisturizer post so here it is. My vitamin c serum doesnt provide enough moisture for my skin since Im staying in a room with temperature of 24 degrees celsius. I needed something that will do the job.
I used the trial size of this before and I was satisfied. I decided to get a full size bottle. This is a more realistic review compared to my first post. I was young that time and didnt know what causes my breakouts. I have hormonal acne so I dont expect any product to prevent breakouts anymore.
What is it?
A lotion that controls the oil-moisture balance to prevent any trouble arising.
– Hydrosoluble moisturizer contained: It contains Hydrosoluble moisturizer to banish oily/sticky skin and hydrate skin.
– Light and cooling texture: Various ingredients such as salicylic acid and hinoki cypress extract helps get applied lightly and moistly.
WATER, ALCOHOL, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BETAINE, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, SALICYLIC ACID, CHAMAECYPARIS OBTUSA LEAF EXTRACT, GLYCOPROTEINS, AESCULUS HIPPOCASTANUM (HORSE CHESTNUT) SEED EXTRACT, SAURURUS CHINENSIS EXTRACT, CENTELLA ASIATICA EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) EXTRACT, ALTHAEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, LIPPIA CITRIODORA LEAF EXTRACT, AMPELOPSIS JAPONICA ROOT EXTRACT, CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT, ALLIUM CEPA (ONION) BULB EXTRACT, ALLIUM SATIVUM (GARLIC) BULB EXTRACT, MANNITOL, AMMONIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, ZINC GLUCONATE, CAFFEINE, DIMETHICONOL, OCTYLDODECETH-16, POLYACRYLATE-13, DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER, POLYISOBUTENE, CARBOMER, POLYSORBATE 20, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TROMETHAMINE, DISODIUM EDTA, FRAGRANCE
– Available locally at EH boutiques and department store counters
– Reasonably priced for a 150ml product, bought it for Php 548 ($11)
– Huge amount of product that will last for months
– Little goes a long way
– Didnt cause breakouts
– Lots of anti acne ingredients like Salicylic acid, garlic, aloevera, onion (for scarring)
– Quickly absorbed
– Doesnt leave film/sticky texture
– It does have a cooling effect
– Feels light on the skin
– Skin feels soft and plump after use
– Supplies enough moisture for my acne prone skin.
– Makes my skin oilier
– Difficult to dispense. Texture is not too liquid-y. 😅
– Has ingredients that can cause irritation like fragrance and dimethicone
– Glass bottle, it’s too heavy. Just transfer it to another container if you’re traveling.
– I dont think it’s good under makeup for extremely oily skin especially during summer.
I suggest using primer after applying this lotion/before applying makeup. My vitamin c serum is pretty good under makeup though.
Overall, Im satisfied with this gel lotion. It provides enough moisture. It does make my skin soft and plump. The downside, it makes my skin oilier especially when I wake up in the morning. I just blot everything with tissue and it’s fine. It doesnt aggrevate acne. It has possible irritants but has way more good/natural ingredients that can help troubled skin. So it depends on how your skin will react to ingredients. It didnt prevent my breakouts but others say it does. We’re all different. ✌🏻️
I actually bought this because it’s supposed to be rainy season here in our country. It’s my favorite season. But I was wrong. It’s too hot and feels like it’s still summer. The weather’s crazy. Uggh. I recommend using this when it’s cold or when you’re always staying in air-conditioned room.
Have you tried any product from Etude House? What’s your favorite? 😊