I was watching pinay youtubers (ItsJudyTime and ThatsHeart) and I saw this tag. I want to answer them although it’s old. Please feel free to answer them too.
1. When was the last time you were in the Philippines
Right now. I’m here as I’m typing this.
2. Name 1 Filipino dish you enjoy the most? Why?
Sinigang! Pork belly, okra and kangkong (water spinach) are so delicious. It’s so easy to cook. We eat this almost on weekly basis.
3. Name 1 filipino household item that best resembles your culture
Tabo/dipper. We can’t poop without it. Most houses dont have bidet sprayer here. And that doesnt give enough water we need. It feels awkward when I use a sprayer. I prefer tabo.😂
4. Do you speak tagalog?
Yes. Sa totoo lang gusto ko sana puro tagalog na lang posts ko. Ang hirap kaya mag ingles.😂
5. Which part of the Philippines are you from?
Not gonna be very specific. Basta I’m from Metro Manila (NCR)
1. Do you live in the Philippines
2. What is a stereotype about Filipinos?
Everyone is a singer. Noooooooo!! Another one is the karaoke thing.
3. Do you own a karaoke machine?
When we were kids but not anymore.
4. Sing your favorite filipino song?
I know the classics: Nang isilang ka sa mundong ito, laking tuwa ng magulang mo at ang kamay nila ang iyong ilaw~
Obviously I cant sing (even in real life) so here’s the song used on The Voice Kids. Click here:
Anak by Freddie Aguilar- it’s such a beautiful song. It’s so good that it had translations in different languages.
5. Have you tried balut?
Yes! I tried it twice.
6. What’s your least favorite thing about being Filipino?
The crab mentality. They’ll try to pull down a successful person with all the side comments/hate. Another thing is being judgmental. That’s self explanatory.
7. What’s your favorite thing about being a filipino?
Almost everyone can speak and understand English. We also inherited cultures of the Spaniards, American & Chinese. Our dishes have different flavors talaga.
8. Do you eat Goldilocks on a regular basis?
Yes when we were kids. We loved the mocha cake roll.
9. Are you inseparable with your family?
Yes, my weekends (saturday and sunday) are strictly for family.
I think I’m done. I tag everyone who wants to do this. Please tell us if you’ve done it so we can read your answers!☺