I ran out of cleansing oil tissues and makeup remover wipes. I finally decided to try this. I had no idea what it will do to my oily skin. This is my first time to try a cleansing oil. I got this as one of the freebies in my April 2015 Birthday haul.
What is it?
Moist textured Cleansing Oil formulated with Argan and Babassu Oils gently removes tough waterproof makeup while protecting and moisturizing skin. Effectively removes the following makeup : Eyeliner, Mascara, Lipstick, BB Cream, Eye Brow.
Apply 2~3 pumps to dry hands and massage onto dry skin. Emulsify by adding lukewarm water (the oil will turn milky white) then rinse thoroughly.
Honestly, I didnt follow the directions. For a lazy person like me, here’s what I do. I put some oil on a cotton pad then wipe it on my face. And put some again on the other side until I feel everything is removed then rinse off. After rinsing, I immediately proceed to my facial wash. The cotton pad helps to get all the makeup too.
Before and after: Continue reading
Good evening readers! Tonight’s review is about a toner that I bought last month. I stopped using toners for a month because of my chickenpox. Im in search for a toner that will cleanse my skin very well. So I stumbled upon this Garnier toner at a counter. I bought it because was curious about its consistency.
What is it:
Its fresh milky formula is enriched with Pure Lemon Essence to help skin smoother, lighter, softer and the complexion more even.
Apply with a cotton pad, avoiding the eye contour
– Affordable. Php 179
– It’s huge!
– Instantly gives moisture to my skin after washing my face
– You can actually use this as moisturizer. Its consistency is like a lotion type.
– It did not add up to my skin’s oiliness
– Absorbs pretty well
– Doesnt leave film
– Dries up quicky. You have to keep on re-applying the product to fully remove makeup
– Feels like it doesnt completely remove my makeup. Im not used to its consistency.
– Not sure if this caused my past breakout.
I stopped using this on the face. It might have an effect on my breakouts since it’s thick. My face is lighter than my neck even if I don’t have makeup. I dont want to waste anything. I’m going to use it on my neck. Our neck needs some love too! Haha. :P
Happy friday readers! Today’s review is about my current everyday lipstick. My sister gave this to me. It’s in shade #11 Lovely Pink. My other lipsticks were already expired so I threw them away. :(
What is it?
“One touch of this product brings vivid color and keeps the lips moisturized for a whole day”
– Available locally
– I love the shade
– Natural looking, it’s not matte nor too glossy
– Perfect for everyday makeup
– It’s an all in one product. It’s like a lipstick, lip balm and lip gloss at the same time
– Did not experience dryness
– It does keep my skin moisturized
– Doesnt last long
I rarely buy lipsticks because I always think they cause dryness. Overall, I like this one. It did not create chapped lips even after hours. It managed to moisturize my lips. I just wish it was long lasting though. :) ❤️
What’s your favorite lipstick right now? :) ❤️
Good afternoon readers! It’s time for a bb cream review. This is my second bb cream for this year. It’s in 01 light beige. Aritaum became really popular last year because of their Full Cover range. Which includes this item and the liquid concealer. :)
This was sent to me by Korean Cosmetics-Philippines. Oh btw, they have an on going local giveaway (click here). They’ll be picking two winners and will receive Aritaum Full Cover BB cream in natural beige and Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream. Be sure to like their page on Facebook and follow the giveaway mechanics. :) ❤️
Now let’s proceed to reviewing this item, shall we? :)
Before and after photos (BB cream alone, no setting powder or foundation)
First: This bb cream covered my deep hyperpigmentation when dabbed thrice.
Second: It covered my chickenpox scar when dabbed twice or thrice
Third: It covered my dark circle when applied once
- 50 ml is a big size that could last for months
- The bb cream’s consistency is not thick and not too liquidy
- SPF 50 + PA++ will protect you from the sun
- Little goes a long way
- Satin finish just like a normal skin
- Still gives you that glow but not to the point you’re too oily
- Lasts for a whole day for me
- Did not cause breakouts
- Provides great coverage although it’s consistency is not thick at all
- Works well on red spots
- Available in 2 shades only (light and natural beige)
Note this bb cream is not completely removed by water so be sure to thoroughly cleanse your face after a long day. Use cleansing tissues or better if cleansing oil before washing your face with foam cleanser then toner.
Overall, I like this bb cream because of its coverage. I think it works as a concealer too if you dont have much flaws. You can put translucent powder to set it. If you want more coverage like me, put powder foundation on top of it. :) ❤️
What’s your current bb cream? Let us know. ;)
Special thanks to Ms. Karla of Korean Cosmetics-Philippines for the opportunity :)
I need to catch up with you guys. I was on vacation last week. This is a 2 in 1 post. I’ve been using these for few weeks already even when I was traveling. :)
Flower Therapy Deep Cleansing Tissue (Oil Type)
The tissue is just small, like a half of the fresh type. I just realized this week that this tissue is for lip and eye areas. I noticed it because of the packaging’s design. I’m slow. 😅 but I’m still using it for the face no matter what. Hahaha. 😛
Flower Therapy Fresh Cleansing Tissues (Water Type)
I use this after the oil type everyday then I proceed with washing my face. It helps to remove other makeup residue which the oil type didnt remove.
– Affordable, Php 128 or 138
– Easy to use and travel friendly
– Mild scent
– Seal keeps the tissues moist
– No parabens, Mineral Oil, Artificial Colors, Animal Ingredients & Sulfates
– No sticky or oily feeling after using (but be sure to cleanse your skin after using for makeup)
– 1 sheet removes light makeup
– Removes my lipstick and lip tint
Con (for Fresh Type):
– Did not completely remove my heavy makeup alone with just one sheet. That’s why I use the oil type first.
Overall, these two make a great team as makeup remover. They are affordable and easy to use. I’ll always prefer tissue type makeup remover because I’m a lazy person. 😅 If you are wondering, I bought mine at Lipstick Please Market Market :)
You can buy these at:
What’s your favorite makeup remover? :)
I just graduated yesterday, April 27, 2015. I still can’t believe I survived all the thesis and defense we had to go through since first year up to fourth year. College is over and we are going to face the real world now. 😊
I wanted to do my own makeup. I’ll feel sorry for the makeup artist if I had one because our call time was at 6am. It was so early. Hahaha. I like natural looking makeup without contours and blusher. Just plain makeup used on korean celebrities. :)
– I allotted time for my skin to oil up before we head out to the venue. And then I dab tissue on my skin. I’ve observed my makeup looks better after I sweat or become oily. It makes my skin look more natural and not cakey.
1. Prep skin, cleanse and moisturize. I waited for 10 minutes before I applied makeup. I want to make sure that the skincare products were absorbed in the skin
2. BB cream as the base. I used Holika Holika Cotton Pore Cover BB Cream. It is thicker than other bb creams which gives additional coverage for my dark spots.
3. Conceal dark spots & dark circles. I used my trusty Tony Moly Face Mix Cover Pot Concealer in 02.
4. Powder Foundation for more coverage and setting of makeup. It completes the coverage of my makeup to minimize those pesky dark spots. I used Maybelline Clear Smooth All in One Foundation in Natural shade.
1. Simple eyeliner style. I used Yni Picture-esque 3 Dot Liner for outlining. Because Im having a hard time to use liquid liners alone. Then I fill them using Etude House Oh M Eye Line in black
2. A little shimmer. I used Etude House Bling Bling Eye Stick in white and spread some of it on the lids and brow bone to give my look some glow
3. Curl and apply mascara. I used Cheek Room’s Curl and Volume Mascara for natural looking lashes.
4. Eyebrow pencil. I used The Face Shop Lovely Me:Ex Design My Eyebrow Pencil in gray
1. Croquis Bulgeum Lipstick in shade 02
Good afternoon readers! Today’s review is about a natural skincare. This is my second time to use an oil type moisturizer. The first one was jojoba oil. This was sent to me by Nature Essentials. I said that it takes me two weeks or more to fully make a review of something. I want to provide before and after photos as much as possible.
Please take note that I applied this on my nose area only. The other parts of my face is extremely oily and I’m still applying scar gel on my deep chickenpox scars.
What is Maracuja Oil?
“Maracuja oil is said to act as an emollient (a substance that increases the skin’s hydration). Proponents claim that the oil is a rich source of many substances thought to enhance skin health, including essential fatty acids, minerals, and antioxidants (such as vitamin C).” -about.com
Before and after: The red spots were caused by chickenpox
First pic was taken last April 5 ; Second pic was taken last night April 25
– The bottom of the packaging is wide which avoids spills.
– Dropper makes it easier for me to control the amount of oil
– Can also be used as a highlighter
– Instantly gives rich moisture to my dry skin areas
– Didnt cause any breakouts
– It absorbs quickly if you just use the right amount
– Doesnt leave film / oily texture on the skin
– It soothes my irritated post-chickenpox skin
– Helped to lighten red spots
– It smelled weird during the first few days of application. But I got used to it. :)
Did you see any difference? Honestly, I underestimated oils because they are a bit thick compared to serums and essences. I wasn’t expecting to see huge improvements on my red spots. I was shocked when I compared the photos. It did make a difference! It must be the antioxidant properties.
Am I satisfied with this? Yes! It did an amazing job to lighten the spots that I have. It took less than a month to see improvements on the skin. I learned that facial oils do not just give hydration but it helps with the overall health of skin. A big thank you to Nature Essentials for sending this product.
Check out Nature Essentials here:
Facebook: click here